There are some people that are just built to wake up each day and go full throttle while others drift many days in a row.
You need to always have reminders not to take life for granted and to make sure you are going forward each and everyday in your personal and business life.
This is text I have on the wall to the right of my desk:
Whether you are building a Network Marketing company or as an employee for someone else. You need to build your dreams everyday and put in work towards this goal. This will give you a daily sense of accomplishment and growth daily!
I shot this quick video in Manila, Phillipines to help make sure you do not fall into the “busy game” trap.
I am travelling speaking in 8 SE Asia Countries in 9 days. I get the question all the time; “wow, you are so busy, how do you enjoy life?”.
The truth is, I have a ton of time to enjoy life. How? I prioritize my time each morning so I can accomplish tasks in a very efficient and effective manner.
This eliminates tasks converting over to the next day and stacking on top of each other and adding stress in my life.
Ever feel overwhelmed as you start your day?
Here are 8 tips to Kick Laziness in the Teeth during the workday to eliminate feeling overwhelmed!
8 tips to Kick Laziness in the Teeth! During the Workday to Build Your Network Marketing Business
Explode your productivity by taking note of these eight things:
1. Create a smaller to-do list. Getting things accomplished during your workday shouldn’t be about doing as much as possible in the sanctioned eight hours. It may be hard to swallow, but there’s nothing productive about piling together a slew of tasks in the form of a checklist. Take a less-is-more approach to your to-do list by only focusing on accomplishing things that matter.
2. Take breaks. You know that ache that fills your brain when you’ve been powering through tasks for several hours? This is due to your brain using up glucose. Too many people mistake this for a good feeling, rather than a signal to take a break. Go take a walk, grab something to eat, workout, or meditate – give your brain some resting time. Achieve more productivity during your workday by making a point to regularly clear your head. You’ll come back recharged and ready to achieve greater efficiency.
3. Follow the 80/20 rule. Did you know that only 20 percent of what you do each day produces 80 percent of your results? Eliminate the things that don’t matter during your workday: they have a minimal effect on your overall productivity. For example, on a project, systematically remove tasks until you end up with the 20 percent that gets the 80 percent of results.
4. Start your day by focusing on yourself. If you begin your morning by checking your email, it allows others to dictate what you accomplish. Set yourself in the right direction by ignoring your emails and taking the morning to focus on yourself, eat a good breakfast, meditate, or read the news.
5. Take on harder tasks earlier in the day. Knock out your most challenging work when your brain is most fresh. Save your busy work – if you have any – for when your afternoon slump rolls in.
6. Pick up the phone. The digital world has created poor communication habits. Email is a productivity killer and usually a distraction from tasks that actually matter. For example, people often copy multiple people on emails to get it off their plate – don’t be a victim of this action. This distracts everyone else by creating noise against the tasks they’re trying to accomplish and is a sign of laziness. If you receive an email where many people are CC’d, do everyone a favor by BCCing them on your reply. If your email chain goes beyond two replies, it’s time to pick up the phone. Increase your productivity by scheduling a call.
Network Marketing is a “People” business, pick up the phone and connect with People. Start by doing it 1 time. You will quickly find that 1 turns into 51 and watch your business boom!
7. Create a system. If you know certain things are ruining your daily productivity, create a system for managing them. Do you check your emails throughout the day? Plan a morning, afternoon, and evening time slot for managing your email. Otherwise, you’ll get distracted from accomplishing more important goals throughout the day.
8. Don’t confuse productivity with laziness. While no one likes admitting it, sheer laziness is the No. 1 contributor to lost productivity. In fact, a number of time-saving methods – take meetings and emails for example – are actually just ways to get out of doing real work. Place your focus on doing the things that matter most as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Remember, less is more when it comes to being productive during the workday. Thanks llya for your brainstorm on this subject.
Enjoy the process of becoming more productive!
If you would like to learn more on the mindset of a successful Entrepreneur’s from around the world, get a copy of my new book – “To The Top – Simple Everyday Steps to Succeed Financially”.